- AREA: Asia
- SECTOR: TVET and Career Guidance
- DATE-RANGE: Jan 2022- Jun 2022
- WORKING LANGUAGE: English
The Qualification Oriented to Employment in The Craft is part of a special initiative designed to stabilize and promote development in North Africa and the Middle East, by helping to open up economic and social prospects for people in the region.
The objective of the programme is to enable young people and adults among vulnerable Jordanians and Syrian refugees to take advantage of the employment opportunities in skilled craft professions. To achieve this objective, career guidance and counselling activities for youth, and capacity development measures for implementation partners will be conducted.
The project contributes to the GIZ Qualification Oriented to Employment in The Craft Initiative by developing a qualification system for career counsellors according to Jordanian National Qualification Framework (JNQF) and based on international good practices.
More specifically, the project is responsible for the following activities:
- Develop a qualification system for career counsellors according to the Jordanian Qualification Framework (JNQF) and based on international best practices. Furthermore, the qualification system will include essential training programmes and classified certificates according to the JNQF.
- Develop and pilot an assessment and certification system for career counsellor qualifications and training provision (curricula, tools, staff competencies) with the aim of increasing the competencies, skills and knowledge efficiency of career counsellors in the Jordanian TVET sector and beyond.