ACP-EU Private Sector Development knowledge management
The project aims at assisting the implementation of the joint ACP (African, Caribbean and Pacific countries)-EU Private Sector Development (PSD) around four pillars:
- improving the business environment
- providing support to the private sector in areas relevant for development
- enhancing microfinance support
- catalysing private investments and commercial finance for development.
It focuses on providing technical and administrative assistance to the ACP Secretariat and PSD platform in order to promote ACP-EU PSD knowledge management and to reinforce an effective private sector engagement framework with learning and collaboration between key stakeholders.
More specifically, this includes a wide set of activities including field interventions, grant planning and management, knowledge gathering and development, dialogue and dissemination to a wide audience composed with public and private stakeholders.
In particular, technical assistance is provided in relation with the following components:
- Support business friendly and inclusive national and regional policies and strengthen productive capacities and value chains.
- Increase financial inclusion (reviewing legislative environment and providing easier access to finance for enterprises)
- Increase access to finance for enterprises in particular SMEs and specifically vulnerable ACP entrepreneurs to foster rural development, contribute to poverty reduction and integration of youth on the labour market
- Promote ACP-EU PSD knowledge management by collecting best practices in global investment and business climate support measures and providing means and tools of information exchange among public, private and civil stakeholders.